Sunday, November 9, 2008

Five More Days!!

Well, I guess it's my turn to actually write something. Ben is usually the one who will post and put pictures up on the blog because if I can't get everything perfect, I can't post at all. So we've had sick kids this week. Rachel got sick on Wednesday, went to school Thursday and then stayed home again on Friday. Saturday, the girls had their Primary Program Practice and Pizza Party to get ready for today. They were both really excited to do the program but then in the middle of the night Saturday night, Elena came down hacking and not breathing well. She caught whatever cold Rachel had. Creed did the same thing tonight. I guess I should count my blessings that they are all getting it out of their systems before Friday.

Yep...Friday is the day! We are going to the hospital at 5:30 AM and I'm getting prepped for my c-section which is scheduled for 7:30 AM. These last 2 weeks have been SOOOO Slow! We are all excited to have this new one coming into our lives in the next few days. Most of our family have put in their guesses of what we are having, how much it will weigh, and what the length will be. Some were hoping that the winner would get to choose the name but after a few of the names they suggested, we told them the prize will definitely not be the naming of the baby. If any of you want to put your guesses in, we'll add them to the list.

My sister-in-law came to Utah from Tennessee this last weekend and we got to spend some time with her. It was great seeing her and chatting. She and I got to spend the afternoon and evening together shopping at Deseret Book, eating ice cream, and doing crafts at my "Fantastic Friday". The kids had a great time with her and Creed even chose to have her put him down to bed...and he went right to sleep for her. You can come back anytime Mel!

We started giving the girls quarters for extra jobs or things they do during the week. Rachel found a glass doll at the DI for $4.00 and loved it. I told her she'd have to earn money to get it herself. I bought it and it's been sitting on my dresser for almost a month. Rachel finally got enough spending money to pay for it!


6 comments:

Angie said...

Friday will be here before you know it. Hope the kids are well by then. It was great to be with you last Friday. Hang in there. We'll see you and the new one SOON.

Hesses Madhouse said...

What an exciting time! So happy for you guys. I'll be watching your blog on Friday to know details. I'm hoping the best for you!

Jeannie said...

If you were having the baby on thursday, then it would have the same birthday as Julie and I! It will be here soon enough and I can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl, etc.

Have a good week!!!

Troy and Rach said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Rachel and were training me. My how time flies. Congratulations and good luck on Friday!
BTW we will be staying in Ohio for a couple of years. Troy has really like the pediatric hospital he has done his last clinical roation at, so 'this is the place.'

Heidi said...

Good luck! I'm very excited for you and hope you post pictures of the newborn soon. Oh, and Emily was thrilled to get a letter from Elena.

Tonya said...

We've had the cruds here to. I have been the only one spared thus far. YUCK! Good luck on Friday! How exciting.