Sunday, May 3, 2009

Grocery Shopping--addiction

So, I have become addicted to grocery shopping! At least couponing. I get 5 newspapers and print out my grocery list by which stores are offering sales and including coupons on the sale prices.

This is why it's so much fun though. The other day I went to Albertsons and spent a little over $85.00. I ended up saving over $215.00. Over 70% savings!



Yesterday I went again and spent $14 with a savings of $50. About 78% savings! So you can see why I get excited to go shopping. I'm building a food storage and not spending anything more than I was before.

I know...kind of cheesy but I have fun!

6 comments:

Troy and Rach said...

I need to learn the secrets of grocery shopping. That is awesome!

Kadan, Trish, J, and Miles said...

That is so awesome! I LOVE saving money! J and the new little one will be about 17 months apart... we are SO excited! How are you guys? It's been WAY too long since we've seen you!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Don't you just LOVE it! Every time I leave the store, I shake my head at my past stupidity in spending all that money--what a waste it was!

I love the family photo at the top of your blog! We sure miss you guys here. Glad to see you're doing so well!

Mary Ann said...

I SOOO need to learn that trick. I am also working on my food storage and I cringe when Iwalk into the store. Also if you need some ideas on your food storage you should read the book "I Dare You To Eat It" by Leisa Card

melmommy said...

Okay, you've got me sold. I'm subscribing to the newspaper tomorrow. That's some great savings. Cute family! It sounds like everything is great.

Claire said...

You are crazy. :o) :o)